Hemel Storm to launch a new 16-18 age group programme from September 2018
Hemel Storm is seeking to recruit players from the above age group to join their basketball programme for the 2018/2019 season.
This important development will allow local talent to be associated with the club’s senior teams that play in the National League at Division 1 and Division 4 level. Beyond the 16-18 age group, our newly announced partnership with the University of Hertfordshire will also allow their students a natural continuation of their association with Hemel Storm.
This group, to be named the “Hemel Storm 16-18 development team” will initially be coached by Dave Titmuss, Storm’s Division One men’s Associate Head Coach and former GB and England Coach.
As with all elements of our basketball development portfolio, this group will be overseen by the Head of Hemel Storm’s Basketball Programme Steve Darlow.
The 2018/19 objective is to recruit a maximum of 16 young players and it will operate within the following framework:
- Weekly 2 hour session to run from 28th September 2018 to 19th July 2019 in term time only
- To take place at JFK School in Hemel Hempstead on Friday nights from 7-9pm.
- Focus on advanced level fundamentals and an understanding of team play principles.
- Included in the above time frame, we aim to arrange up to 6 friendly fixtures.
- Cost per year will be £400 to be paid in 10 instalments of £40 from 1st September 2018 to 1st June 2019.
- Sessions will also include guest appearances from Hemel Storm players and assistant coaches when required.
- As part of the pathway management of your talent there will be the opportunity to link up with Hemel Storm senior sides (e.g. EBL Division 4 entry).
- The first year of this programme will be subsidised by the recent “Don’t leave Basketball behind” grant from Dacorum Borough Council.
- In addition, the grant from Dacorum will allow an interested individual from this group to build a level 1 coaching qualification.
Your interest in this opportunity must be registered with Nichole Walker not later than August 24th.
Please include brief detail of your basketball experience to date. Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org