Hemel Storm to launch a new 16-18 age group programme from September 2018
Hemel Storm is seeking to recruit players from the above age group to join their basketball programme for the 2018/2019 season.
This important development will allow local talent to be associated with the club’s senior teams that play in the National League at Division 1 and Division 4 level. Beyond the 16-18 age group, our newly announced partnership with the University of Hertfordshire will also allow their students a natural continuation of their association with Hemel Storm.
This group, to be named the “Hemel Storm 16-18 development team” will be coached by Storm’s #4 Levi Noel, a Level 2 qualified coach.
As with all elements of our basketball development portfolio, this group will be overseen by the Head of Hemel Storm’s Basketball Programme Steve Darlow.
The 2018/19 objective is to recruit a maximum of 16 young players and it will operate within the following framework:
- Weekly 2 hour session to run from 28th September 2018 to 19th July 2019 in term time only
- To take place at JFK School in Hemel Hempstead on Friday nights from 7-9pm.
- Focus on advanced level fundamentals and an understanding of team play principles.
- Included in the above time frame, we aim to arrange up to 6 friendly fixtures.
- Cost per year will be £400 to be paid in 10 instalments of £40 from 1st September 2018 to 1st June 2019.
- Sessions will also include guest appearances from Hemel Storm players and assistant coaches when required.
- As part of the pathway management of your talent there will be the opportunity to link up with Hemel Storm senior sides (e.g. EBL Division 4 entry).
- The first year of this programme will be subsidised by the recent “Don’t leave Basketball behind” grant from Dacorum Borough Council.
- In addition, the grant from Dacorum will allow an interested individual from this group to build a level 1 coaching qualification.
Please contact Nichole Walker to register your interest.
Please include brief detail of your basketball experience to date.
Email to: email@example.com